Tax law is a complex system which encompasses a large body of laws and regulations governing multiple areas of taxation. Tax law is generated at all levels of government, federal, state, and local. Tax law is a complicated, convoluted area of law that appears to change every year.
Our tax attorneys represent clients on a broad spectrum of tax matters, including:
- Estate planning and succession matters
- Business succession planning
- Formation and operation of business entities (e.g., limited liability companies, corporations, and limited partnerships)
- Sophisticated corporate transactions, such as reorganizations, dissolutions, and mergers and acquisitions
- Real estate transactions
- Like-kind (1031) exchanges
- Preventing dealer status on real estate transactions
- U.S. taxation of foreign individuals and businesses
- Joint ventures
- SERPs, stock option plans, stock appreciation rights, deferred compensation, and compliance with IRC 409A
- Representing non-profit entities and organizations
- Structuring transactions with most favorable tax objectives
We work closely with our clients to provide practical, real-world solutions to complex legal issues, focusing on our clients and their tax and business objectives. If advanced planning and negotiations fail, we are prepared to litigate on behalf of our clients, as protecting the assets and rights of our clients is our first priority.